Wednesday, October 16, 2013

We do it for the kids!

So I fell of the wagon! Not that wagon, the blogging wagon. Y'all know how life gets in the way sometimes. Got busy, had a migraine, was tired, excuse, excuse, and more excuses. It really doesn't matter but I am writing now. So mini and I bought some pumpkins today. I figured it was close enough to Halloween that they might not rot. Mini got crazy picking them out she was so excited to get "Punks" as she called them. So we got a big one and a small one. I brought them home with the best intentions of being crafty and carving them up all neat like. Well bout two seconds in to cutting the top off the small one I realized it's BANANAS what we do for our kids. The carving kit I bought was useless so I whipped out the butcher knife planning on making quick work of the small pumpkin. After I almost stabbed myself, numerous times, I gave up and just told mini we would decorate hers on the outside and let daddy help cut up the big one. As I almost carved up myself I was reminded of when my mom almost cut her finger off trying to cut up a frozen chocolate Easter bunny I INSISTED on eating when i was around 4 years old. The things we do for our kids. Anyway we painted hers and I let her pour copious amounts of glitter on it. I doubt she cares that it wasn't carved I mean she's 1. Either way we had fun making a mess. Not as much fun cleaning it up. Her bathtub now has a glitter ring but just like all these crazy things we do for our kids, totally worth it!

3 comments:

  1. Love this. You're a good mama, Jade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thanks! I try! I am lucky to have the opportunity to stay home with her so I try to make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete